Formlabs Form 3, an advanced professional Low Force Stereolithography (LFS) 3D printer. The LFS process uses a flexible tank to drastically reduce the forces of the peel process, providing incredible surface finish and detail, and linear illumination to deliver accurate, repeatable parts.
“We’ve completely re-engineered our approach to resin 3D printing with the Low Force Stereolithography (LFS) print process behind the Form 3,” said Max Lobovsky, CEO and co-founder of Formlabs. “We entered the industry seven years ago with the first powerful, affordable desktop SLA 3D printer and since then have shipped more than 50 thousand printers, and our customers have printed more than 40 million parts. Now users are leading the way in how to grow 3D printing from one machine to many, from prototyping tool to game changer. We're excited to take another huge leap forward with LFS 3D printing, dramatically improving the print quality and reliability people can expect while still offering the most powerful and affordable 3D printer on the market.”
Benefits of the LFS process include:
- Incredible detail and surface finish: a flexible tank dramatically reduces forces on parts while printing.
- Pinpoint precision: the Light Processing Unit (LPU) maintains a uniform, high density laser spot to ensure accurate, repeatable prints.
- Easy clean-up and smoother parts with tear-away light-touch supports.
- Nonstop printing: Integrated sensors help maintain ideal print conditions and send you alerts about the state of your machine.
- Constant uptime with upgradeable, modular components and foolproof design.
- Remote Print: 3D print from anywhere via the online Dashboard.